Under the patronage of Packaging Polska
This is the second time the best private label packaging win prizes and awards. The competition is held under the auspices of packaging Poland.
It is no secret – you lay your eyes on something and you instantly know you want to have it. The first impression products’ packaging makes is critical in buying decision process. This is why packaging has become an important part of the Future Private Labels – FPR features the “Best Private Label Packaging” competition.
The Competition Mission
The competition is organized in order to improve private label image through promotion of quality design and manufacturing of private label packaging.
Packaging can be registered by companies which developed packaging for private label manufacturers as well as private label producers and their owners.
||Personal Care Products
(cosmetics and hygiene products such as soaps, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, body lotions, sanitary pads, handkerchiefs, toilet paper, wet wipes, etc.)
||Food / Fresh to go
(Food packaging including ready-to-serve)
(beverages packaging including instant-drink powders (e.g. tea))
(cleaning products – home & car care products, etc.).
(non-standard packaging, e.g. SRP, POS cardboard)
||The Visitors’ Choice
(the winner selected at the Future Private Labels)
Selection criteria (descending order):
- Design consistency with the strategy / specificity of the product contained in the packaging – each design registered for the competition should be accompanied with a marketing description. The description should include design assumptions: what consumers group it is targeted at, the design brief, design purpose, etc.
1. functionality defined as ergonomics (ease to open /close, product storage after opening, product is served straight from the packaging, etc.)
2. information functionality (by looking at the packaging the consumer easily finds important information, clear and legible description of the product’s additional value itself ( “… added”, “contains …”, “contains no …”, “e.g. gluten-free”, etc.).Packaging’s functional aspects defined as: convenient and handy, consumer-friendly. Functional aspects are evaluated in two aspects, i.e.:
- Packaging visibility. This criterion is defined as packaging visibility in the store – it allows for quick product category identification, packaging is useful for display arrangement purposes.
- Design – packaging design quality, uniqueness, and its potential innovative features, understood as a unique style, above-average solutions for a particular category, provided that it is consistent with the previously defined strategy, as described in point 3.
- Targi Kielce Medal and Diploma.
- Winners are granted the right to use the Competition Winner trademark in their portfolio.
- The winners are announcement at the gala awarding ceremony held within the scope of the Future Private Labels.
- The product is labelled the “Competition Winner” when put on display at the special exhibition of products resisted for the competition held on 25 and 26.10.2017 within the scope of Future Private Labels.
- The Competition results will be published at Targi Kielce’s on-line website in the news section as well as at the event’s page www.markiwlasne.pl and in the Packaging Poland magazine.
Previous edition’s recapitulation.
– 60 percent of consumers decide whether to buy or not because the packaging attracted their attention. Packaging is a very important tool to make sales more effective” – Dorota Kałowska commented the results. Mrs Kałowska is a private-label management expert and one of the competition jurors. – “A number of very good projects were registered for “The Best Private Labels Packaging” contest; these may be an inspiration source for numerous owners of well-known brands.”
2016’s edition winners
The Piotr i Paweł chocolate line was pronounced the “Food / fresh to go” category winner. This product also gained visitors’ recognition.
In the “Unusual Packaging” category the Dada Box Promotion for diaper of Jeronimo Martins Poland celebrated success. After diaper-contained has been emptied, it becomes a toy camper.
Jeronimo Martins Poland was also awarded in the “Personal Care” category for its Linda – line of soaps
as well as in the “Household” category for Ultra Perfumes.
The distinction in “Beverages” category was presented to Red Baron Brand Support for the Whisky Red Baron bottle.